Now that you have found the partner you want to spend your life with, you may not be ready to have a baby, just yet…
So what now?
First, how far away are babies for you 3 months, 6 months or 12 months?
Are you currently on the pill or any hormonal contraceptive?
Did you know…..
It takes a minimum of 3 months (but realistically more like 6-12 months) after coming off the pill to realign your body and hormones, including knowing what the heck is happening with your menstrual cycles, before your body is even ready to consider having a baby.
Post birth control syndrome…
Post birth control syndrome, can happen after coming off the pill (or any hormonal contraceptive, really!) and the onset can be anywhere from 4-12 weeks after stopping hormonal contraceptives. Some of the symptoms include:
- Irregular Periods – short cycles, heavy or painful periods
- Loss of Period (called Amenorrhea) – 3-6% of women may never see their period after using the pill
- Altered Body Composition – weight gain, change in breast size, difficulty losing weight
- Mood Fluctuation – depression & increased anxiety
- Digestive Upset – diarrhea, constipation
- Hormonal Changes – infertility, hypothyroidism, adrenal dysfunction and for some women completely new symptoms they never had before
- Inflammation & immune imbalances – getting colds more often
- Hair loss – due to the anti-androgenic effect of the pill, many women can experience hair loss or hair thinning
- Acne – maybe you had it before going on the pill and it can return with a vengeance – Yikes!
If you’re planning to start playing the baby making game in the next 12-months, you should consider coming off ALL hormonal contraceptives (including the pill) so you can understand your body signs and symptoms in time for conception!
Side note: if your hormones are all over the place… it’ll be hard to get your mojo in check so you even feel like baby making!
Post Birth Control Syndrome, can feel like you’re running up a hill when it’s time to start conceiving. Hormone balancing can take 3 months post-pill, with the RIGHT support and information of course!
CLICK HERE: Get a FREE consultation with Dr. Antoinette Falco about alternatives to hormonal contraception
For more information about the Myths of Birth Control Pill and Steps you can take to naturally reclaim your hormone health and BOOST your fertility check out Dr. Antoinette’s Post-Pill Guidebook
Dr. Antoinette Falco
Dr. Antoinette Falco is an integrative hormone, fertility & pregnancy health expert. As a Naturopathic Doctor and Fertility Awareness Educator with a special interest in Women’s Health, she helps women find their ‘hormone heaven’ and discover their period potential. She is the creator of the Pill Freedom ProgramTM, an evidence-based program to help women transition off hormonal birth control with confidence, control of hormonal side effects and a clear understanding of their hormone heath and future fertility. She is most passionate about empowering women to flourish so that they can follow their dreams and heart’s desire in all aspects of their lives!